Penn State Health Medical Group
Work Type: Full Time
Recruiter: Please contact Anderson Smith at [email protected] for additional information.
Penn State Health Lancaster Medical Center is seeking a General Neurologist for our brand new state of the art Lancaster Medical Center. The new facility is located in Lancaster, PA. Make your mark on this new facility set to open summer 2022.
Join our Neurology team now! We are committed to excellent clinical care, teaching, and research. Interested applicants, please apply and send your CV and Cover Letter to Anderson Smith, Physician Recruiter at [email protected].
- Neurologists with clinical expertise in General Neurology are invited to apply for an open position at Penn State Health Lancaster Medical Center.
- This search represents part of a major institutional commitment to expansion of the neurosciences.
- The selected candidate will flourish in a supportive work life balance environment. Leadership opportunities are available to those with relevant experience.
AS A MEMBER OF THE DEPARTMENT OF NEUROLOGY YOU WILL BE ASSOCIATED WITH:
- An outstanding program with a national reputation
- A highly collaborative culture
- Cutting-edge and clinical neuroscience research and top-notch facilities at both Lancaster and Hershey campuses
- Interaction with dynamic clinicians across all neuroscience-related departments and participation in innovative educational approaches
What we're seeking:
- We are seeking someone trained in General Neurology
- M.D., D.O., or foreign equivalent
- Ability to acquire a license to practice in the State of Pennsylvania
- Completion of an accredited residency program
- Lancaster Medical Center will enhance an already vibrant network of primary and specialty care providers across Lancaster County, including practice sites of the former Physicians’ Alliance LTD that joined Penn State Health in 2017 and the Lime Spring Outpatient Center that opened in East Hempfield Township in January 2019. Expanding this footprint will help ensure residents of these communities have access, quality and choice of care as close to home as possible.
- The Lancaster Medical Center hospital also will create new clinical and research opportunities for learners and investigators at Penn State College of Medicine, as well as hundreds of well-paying jobs, both during construction and after the hospital opens.
- The new hospital will feature all private inpatient beds, an emergency department, physician offices, various specialty inpatient services, an imaging lab and complete medical and surgical capabilities
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday, email [email protected] or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Union: Non bargained