Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Hours: 12 Hours
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
***$3,500.00 sign-on with one year commitment***
Responsible to respond to emergencies, assess patients; provide treatment in accordance with PA DOH Basic Life Support standard curriculum. Also responsible to transport patients according to established protocols and assist Advance Life Support (Paramedic) providers with patient care management. Must perform non-emergency routine medical transports utilizing ambulances and wheelchairs vans and follow up with complete appropriate documentation.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Basic life support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Program CPR/AED certified required.
- Eligibility for Pennsylvania EMT certification required.
- Valid Driver’s license required and eligible to operation an EMS vehicle in the Commonwealth of PA required.
- Completion of approved Emergency Vehicle Operations Training program required within two (2) months of date of hire.
- PA DOH EMSVO eligibility required within two (2) months of date of hire.
- Hazmat Awareness Training must be obtained within 30 days of start date. NIMS (100, 200, 700, 800) required within 30 days of start date.
- Six (6) months of Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) experience preferred.
If chosen for this position, you may required to pass a Post Offer Employment Physical Exam in accordance with the measurements listed in the Work Task Analysis (WTA) report. This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, martial status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Union: Teamsters Local 776