Penn State Health Corporation
Work Type: Full Time
Hours: 8 Hour Shifts
The Manager of Template Management will plan, manage, or coordinate the Template Management operations within the organization. They manage the work efforts of supervisors and/or individual contributors. In addition, the manager will make decisions based on unit objectives, as well as company policies and procedures.
The percentage of time spent performing essential functions is 95%. Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Gathers and analyzes access, scheduling, and appointment/visit data to develop reports, system benchmarks, and provide recommendations.
- Works collaboratively with Chairs, Chiefs, Operations Directors, Sr. Directors, Outpatient Directors, Regional Medical Directors, and other leadership staff regarding optimization of the provider schedule, and other strategic access projects that touch provider scheduling needs.
- Provider scheduling subject matter expert.
- Collaborates with CareConnect managers, systems analysts and other staff.
- Has strong understanding of scheduling within each practice management or revenue cycle application in the health system.
- Develops and implements program changes to meet the needs of the health system and to improve efficiency of operations.
- Develops, reviews and revises departmental policies and procedures as required.
- Collaborates with others on strategic and tactical planning on patient access improvements.
- Leads project teams/work groups as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
Five (5) years of experience in healthcare provider scheduling required.
Prior Outpatient Management/Supervisory experience preferred.
Cerner Scheduling tool experience preferred
If chosen for this position, you may required to pass a Post Offer Employment Physical Exam in accordance with the measurements listed in the Work Task Analysis (WTA) report. This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, martial status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.