Holy Spirit Hospital
Location: US:PA:Camp Hill
Work Type: Full Time
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
**$3,000 SIGN ON BONUS**
Provides high quality scheduling experience for the patients of Penn State Health. Perform all elements of scheduling accurately and politely at point of patient contact. Answers inbound calls from patients and internal stakeholders, places outbound calls to patients, and redirects patients as needed. Demonstrates ability to resolve clinical concern when presented by a patient and uses sound knowledge and judgement in involving appropriate clinician. Deploys excellent customer service engagement skills by phone. Schedules accurately for all specialty area supported in Phone Access Group against scheduling guidelines.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Penn State Health requires Schedulers to complete a scheduling training program and demonstrate competence in all functional aspects of scheduling for Phone Access Group prior to 6 months of employment. This training is supplied by the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Accurate Keyboarding and data entry skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time requirements.
- Medical terminology preferred.
- Associates Degree in Healthcare Administration or a related field preferred.
- Prior Call Center, Healthcare IT, or Healthcare operational experience preferred.
- Prior Ambulatory practice site experience preferred.
- Strong customer service background
If chosen for this position, you may required to pass a Post Offer Employment Physical Exam in accordance with the measurements listed in the Work Task Analysis (WTA) report. This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, martial status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.