Penn State Health Corporation
Work Type: Full Time
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Working under general supervision, this position is responsible for project leadership and ongoing information technology for one or more small-to-medium sized operational area(s) such as our Clinical Trials Management System. This position will support activities and projects that focus on the Research and/or Education Missions. This position must lead project teams and other department personnel in planning and executing projects.
- Either: (a) Bachelor's degree plus four additional years of related experience or (b) eight years total of related experience required.
- In-depth knowledge of at least one area of information technology and a solid working knowledge of several areas of information technology required.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office required.
- Adheres to and exhibits our organizational core values as outlined by Penn State Health.
- Familiarity with human subject clinical trials management, Huron Click Portal, Jscript, Windows, MSSQL
- Experience supporting CTMS (Huron CTMS preferred, other Huron modules such as IRB is a plus)
- Experience in an academic and/or research environment
- Takes a customer centric approach, partnering with clients to achieve desired outcomes
- Experience leading projects, performing requirements gathering and functional testing
- Familiarity with cybersecurity assessment and mitigation
- Lead projects and facilitate the fulfillment of user requests
- Work directly with customers as a technology liaison
- Facilitate the completion of cybersecurity technical risk assessments
- Maintain application support documentation such as Service Desk solutions
- Coordinate with developers, gather requirements, create test plans, and perform functional testing as part of an SDLC
- Troubleshoot errors prior to escalation to developers and/or system administrators
- Mentor junior staff
If chosen for this position, you may required to pass a Post Offer Employment Physical Exam in accordance with the measurements listed in the Work Task Analysis (WTA) report. This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, martial status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.