Penn State Health Corporation
Work Type: Full Time
Hours: 8:00a - 5:00p
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under general direction from the EIM System Architect, this role is responsible for providing technical skills for building and maintaining scalable, robust, and dynamic systems for the enterprise information management (EIM) platform. Provide high availability of the production environment through backup, recovery, patch management, application and operating system maintenance. Provide troubleshooting and incident support and problem management for the EIM applications.
Work with other Enterprise Information Management (EIM) and Information Services (IS) teams to ensure the effective and integrated delivery of services to the health system. This level of role will be responsible for and have the ability to:
- Provide system support for patch management, vulnerability management, and availability/capacity management
- Installation, configure, and maintain of EIM applications
- Troubleshoot issues and performance of EIM applications
- Infrastructure architecture and implementation
- Provide robust and scalable applications for the organization
- Manage the EIM Citrix environment to facilitate high availability and accessibility to the EIM team and organization
- Implement backup and recovery processes and procedures for all EIM systems.
- Provide and implement monitoring of all EIM systems for high availability.
- Implementation of IT best practices and project management in a dynamic, complex environment.
- Provide technical documentation for the EIM infrastructure.
- Responsible and accountable to comply with cyber security policies, standards, and processes in accordance with the Enterprise Cyber Security Program Plan.
The percentage of time spent performing secondary functions is 10%.The following duties are considered secondary to the essential duties listed above:
- Formally document, design, manage, and/or operate in accordance with requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Operating system proficiency in Linux and/or Windows
- Understanding of Core Infrastructure Concepts (servers/virtualization, networking, load balancers, firewalls, high availability, backup/recovery, etc.)
- Experience installing, administering, and maintaining vendor application components (web servers, application servers, client tools, etc.)
- Experience with administering analytics applications (such as Business Objects or Qlik) and/or data management/governance applications (such as Informatica products)
- Experience with system automation using scripting (Bash/PowerShell), source control (Git), and orchestration tools (Jenkins/ActiveBatch/Salt)
- Understanding of Cyber Security concepts
Bachelor’s Degree 2 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
Knowledge of data integration development, programming, server administration, and networking concepts.
Adheres to and exhibits our organizational core values as outlined by Penn State Health.
If chosen for this position, you may be required to pass a Post Offer Employment Physical Exam in accordance with the measurements listed in the Work Task Analysis (WTA) report. This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, martial status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email email@example.com or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.