Penn State Health Corporation
Work Type: Full Time
Hours: 8:00a - 5:00p
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible for developing and implement the health system’s efforts to research and evaluate progress toward workforce diversification and an inclusive patient and work environment through quantitative and qualitative metrics, including developing and implementing federally required diversity-related reports and health equity surveys and evaluations for the health system entities, completing and analyzing outcomes from reports and materials submitted to external entities to identify key gap areas potentially affecting Penn State Health’s ability to remain competitive from an employment and patient care perspective, and monitoring entity and departmental hiring to ensure compliance with diversity selection policies with the goal of creating a more diverse workforce.
Responsible for developing and deploying strategies in partnership with the Chief Diversity Officer, initiatives and programs, based on the evaluation of diversity, workplace and health equity, and inclusion metrics, to foster a more accessible and inclusive work and patient care environment.
Responsible for leading measurement of the health system’s diversity and inclusion initiatives, including evaluation of outcomes of diversity educational programs. Supports employee resource groups with data analytics and program support and evaluation. Serves as subject matter expert in the identification of areas of DEI-related concerns and partners with the Chief Diversity Officer to determine appropriate benchmarking and metrics to achieve desired goals.
- Obtains necessary information from multiple complex data sources to complete federally required diversity-related reports, including Executive Order 11246, EEO1, and disability and veteran programs, and develops recommendations to improve diversity of workforce based on outcomes of reports.
- Provides projections, based on report analysis, interpretation and evaluation of relevant benchmark data and provide recommendations.
- Partner with health system leaders, HR professionals and other Diversity Program Managers to ensure continuous learning in new areas of required compliance, including effective federally required diversity-related reports through educational programs.
- Monitors entity and departmental hiring activity for all positions covered by policy HR09 and for positions subject to annual diversity employment reporting to ensure that effective and inclusive search processes are used and provides quarterly reports on outcome of monitoring activity with HR professionals, HR leadership, and entity leadership.
- Manages customer/client requirements by meeting with hiring managers filling positions governed or guided by HR09, as requested, to share information on strategies for addressing underutilization, including recommendations for diversity recruitment organizations and retention/engagement strategies for diverse employees.
- Partners with HR compensation professionals to review minimum qualifications of positions to enhance recruitment of diverse individuals.
- Monitors compliance with all federal posting requirements, including job postings and posting of required posters and other aspects of affirmative action programming, and reports outcome to HR.
- Supports organizational workforce diversity, health equity, and quality patient care initiatives with data compilation and analysis based on demographic and engagement data across system led or sponsored programming and across other industry-wide benchmarking data.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience with significant responsibilities in the development and implementation of affirmative action and equal employment opportunity programs
- Experience with collecting and analyzing data and reports from cloud-based data platforms, with a preference for experience with the Infor system
- Experience in leading a program related to civil rights compliance, preferably in a health care setting
- Experience working on complex analytical projects with diverse teams and developing data driven and outcome-based initiatives to improve DEI decision making and operational efficiencies
- Masters in statistics, industrial/organizational psychology or quantitative data analysis preferred
- Experience in healthcare industry preferred
- Proficiency in a language other than English
- Certification as an affirmative action professional
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email [email protected] or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.