Hampden Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Recruiter Contact: Jennifer Klinger at email@example.com
**NEW** $20K BONUS! - Increased pay rate! - Extra PTO for RNs with 3 years of experience!
Penn State Health Hampden Medical Center brings acute inpatient medical services to communities in Cumberland, Perry, and York counties. The facility, features 108 private inpatient beds and an attached outpatient medical office building.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Assess patient health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records. Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients. May advise patients on health maintenance and disease prevention.
The percentage of time spent performing essential functions is 95%. Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
• Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
• Administer medications to patients and monitor patients for reactions or side effects.
• Record patients' medical information and vital signs. Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in patients' conditions.
• Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans.
• Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients' responses and conditions.
• Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
• Prepare patients for and assist with examinations or treatments.
• Instruct individuals, families, or other groups on topics such as health education, disease prevention, or childbirth and develop health improvement programs.
• Assess the needs of individuals, families, or communities, including assessment of individuals' home or work environments, to identify potential health or safety problems.
• Prepare rooms, sterile instruments, equipment, or supplies and ensure that stock of supplies is maintained.
• Consult with institutions or associations regarding issues or concerns relevant to the practice and profession of nursing.
• Refer students or patients to specialized health resources or community agencies furnishing assistance.
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse by the state of employment required.
Basic Life Support (BLS).
Penn State Health Offers an exceptional benefit package including but not limited to:
Generous Paid Time Off and Personal Time
Medical Benefits (No waiting period)
Dental and Vision Benefits
Matching 401K retirement plan
ABOUT CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA:
We are proud to possess a vibrant urban area surrounded by small town rural communities which affords exceptional cultural opportunities including the Harrisburg Symphony, Allenberry Resort & Playhouse and The Chambersburg Community Theater, museums, Jubilee Day (oldest 1 day street fair on the east coast), farmer’s markets and some of the finest dining in the region. For the outdoors enthusiast, we have ample opportunities for hiking, biking, rowing, skiing, and hunting. For sports lovers, we are home to the American Hockey League’s Hershey Bears, the Washington Nationals AA Baseball’s Harrisburg Senators, and the Williams Grove Speedway. South Central Pennsylvania is an exceptional combination of rural, suburban, and city living is within a 2-hour drive to weekend destinations such as the Poconos’s, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Annapolis, and Baltimore, and only a 3-hour drive from New York City, Pittsburgh, and the eastern shore.
If chosen for this position, you may required to pass a Post Offer Employment Physical Exam in accordance with the measurements listed in the Work Task Analysis (WTA) report. This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, martial status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.