Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Hours: Primarily 2nd shift
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible to assist the Pharmacists in preparing and charging for prescriptions/medications. Organize and manage stock to ensure smooth and efficient daily activities.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 6 months of experience in a retail or hospital pharmacy with an educational background in medical terminology and computer use required OR graduate of a formalized Pharmacy Technician Training Program with a minimum of 120 hours in an externship program required.
- PTCB (Pharmacy Technician Certified Boards) required.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions required.
- Good verbal communication, excellent typing skills and proficiency with Math and Algebra required.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize required.
- Must pass a proficiency test with a 70% score
- Able to sit & walk constantly; stand occasionally.
- Able to lift 0-10 lbs constantly; 11-35 lbs occasionally.
- Able to carry 0-10 lbs frequently; 11-35 lbs occasionally.
- Able to push 0-10 lbs constantly; 11-20 lbs frequently; 21-50 lbs occasionally.
- Able to pull 0-20 lbs frequently; 21-50 lbs occasionally.
- Able to climb occasionally; reach constantly.
- Able to use hands for simple/firm grasping.
*Appended to this job description is the Work Task Analysis that further describes the physical requirements appropriate for this role.
If chosen for this position, you may required to pass a Post Offer Employment Physical Exam in accordance with the measurements listed in the Work Task Analysis (WTA) report. This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, martial status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Union: Teamsters Local 776