Penn State Health Medical Group
Work Type: Full Time
Recruiter: Please contact Ashley Nippert at email@example.com for additional information
Penn State Health Lancaster Medical Center is seeking a Plastic Surgeon to join our new facility opening in Fall 2022. Located in Lancaster, PA - Lancaster Medical Center will feature 129 private inpatient beds, an emergency department, physician offices, various inpatient services, an imaging lab and complete medical and surgical capabilities.
What we're offering:
- You'll build a community-based practice with the support of the Penn State Health system.
- You'll have a high level of autonomy with the support of an established group of plastic surgeons at PSH Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and PSH St. Joseph Medical Center.
- Opportunity for appointment as a Clinical Instructor at PSH Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.
- Large referral base, 100+ referring physicians including breast surgeons
- Minimal call, no trauma call
- Work in a highly collaborative environment
Compensation and Benefits:
- Highly competitive compensation package with guaranteed base salary during your first two years and opportunity for production bonuses.
- Generous benefits including relocation assistance, PSLF and malpractice insurance.
- CME allowance and time
- Vacation time, Paid Parental and Medical Leave
What we’re seeking:
- MD, DO or foreign equivalent
- BC/BE Plastic Surgery
- Completion of accredited training program
- Ability to acquire license to practice in the State of Pennsylvania
- Must be able to obtain valid federal and state narcotics certificates
- Excellent public schools with many ranking in the top 100 in the state.
- Central PA offers vibrant urban areas surrounded by small town rural/suburban communities which affords exceptional cultural opportunities including the Harrisburg Symphony, museums, farmers markets and fine dining.
- For the outdoor enthusiast, we have ample opportunities for hiking - Appalachian Trail and many other trails, biking, boating/rowing - Susquehanna River, skiing, and hunting - surrounded by state game lands.
- Located within a short train ride or drive to New York City, Philadelphia, Washington DC, and Baltimore.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Union: Non bargained