Penn State Health Corporation
Work Type: Full Time
Hours: 7:00a - 3:30p, 8:00a - 4:30p, 10:30a - 7:00p
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Housed on the 4th floor of the Penn State Health Administrative Offices building, the Virtual Health Department seeks Patient Client Support Services Representatives to join their team! The PCSS Representative will be expected to support the Penn State Health On-Demand Call Center handling in-bound/outbound calls, scheduling/registering patients to support the Virtual Health program, and serving as a Health Navigator for various Virtual Health Programs. The PCSS Representative will be working to enhance the coordination of Virtual Health services.
The designated hire will be successful if they possess strong interpersonal skills and computer/technology adaptability. With a high attention to detail and the ability to multi-task, the designated hire will be team-oriented and focused on delivering great customer/employee service. Though housed in the Virtual Health Department, this position incorporates a Hybrid schedule.
The percentage of time spent performing essential functions is 95%. Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Schedule non-invasive testing, invasive procedures and medication therapies.
- Schedule services as Operations, short stay procedures. • Schedule STAT procedures or services.
- Schedule for pre/post procedural care area with procedures. • Schedule tests and procedures in Cerner Radnet program.
- Use PACS/Lightbox Application. Schedule for 5 - 9 medical programs/services. A program or service is defined as a group of providers that are from the same specialty or perform the same services for a patient.
- Schedule form 5 - 9 request list/scheduling pools/task list. • Arrange patient transportation as appropriate.
- Communicate with outside vendor representatives.
- Communicate with logistics center staff.
- Perform outside medical records acquisition.
- Perform Insurance Authorization/Pre-verification.
- Schedule navigation to include timing of scheduling in relation to clinical needs. As example: day to schedule procedure due to holding anticoagulation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent
One (1) year relevant experience
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email [email protected] or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.