Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible for administering advanced life support care on 911 emergency incidents and during transportation of patients.
- High School Diploma required
- Graduate of an approved Paramedic Training Program required
- Eligible for Emergency Medical Technician. Paramedic certification within the Commonwealth of PA or PHRN (Pre-Hospital Registered Nurse) required
- Basic Life Support certification, Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification and Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification required
- A valid Driver's License is required and eligible to operation an EMS vehicle in the Commonwealth of PA required
- Completion of approved Emergency Vehicle Operations Training program required within two (2) months of date of hire.PA DOH EMSVO eligibility required
- PA DOH EMSVO eligibility required within two (2) months of date of hire
- NIMS (100, 200, 700 & 800) is required within 30 days of start date
- Hazmat awareness training is required within 30 days of employment
- Must obtain Medical Command within 90 days of start date
If chosen for this position, you may required to pass a Post Offer Employment Physical Exam in accordance with the measurements listed in the Work Task Analysis (WTA) report. This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, martial status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Union: Non Bargained