Penn State Health Medical Group
Location: US:PA:Camp Hill
Work Type: Full Time
Recruiter: Please contact Esther Zechman at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information
Palliative Medicine at Penn State Health is seeking a Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner.
The successful candidate will join well-established inpatient interdisciplinary consult team, with optional outpatient opportunities. The team enjoys flexible scheduling, strong institutional relationships, and opportunities for continued growth. Collaborating physicians are Board Certified in Hospice & Palliative medicine.
The Nurse Practitioner functions as a member of a multidisciplinary heath care team to provide total primary care of patients in collaboration with the physician and other health care providers. Follows established nursing standards, procedures, and practices, and gives specific patient care directions to nursing and other staff.
- You will provide inpatient consultation including symptom management and establishing goals of care.
- Opportunities for inter-professional teaching and learning.
- Weekday Schedule
- Master's degree in Nursing required
- Two years work experience as a RN required
- Licensed as a Nurse Practitioner in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
- Appropriate candidates must be able to acquire a license to practice in Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Occasional kneeling, pushing/pulling and reaching
- Ability to operate a personal computer and general office equipment
- Ability to deal courteously with patients
- Ability to maintain effective working relationship with other employees
- Certification in area of specialty preferred
- Experience caring for adults with serious illness preferred
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday, email email@example.com or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.