Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Location: US: PA: Hershey
Work Type: Full Time
Recruiter: Please contact Ashley Nippert at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information
The Department of Neurosurgery at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is seeking a full time Neurointensivist.
- Join highly ranked Neurosurgery program known for research, collaborative faculty, and Neurosurgery training programs
- Academic practice position specializing in Neurocritical care
- It is expected that approximately 25% of the faculty member's clinical activity will be as a Neurointensivist with 75% of clinical activity being devoted to a general and/or subspecialty operative neurosurgery practice
- Will serve as a mentor for residents in the Penn State Neurosurgery residency program and fellows in the Penn State CAST accredited Neurocritical Care fellowship
- Benefits include: Vacation time, 10 days of CME, 401k match up to 10%
- MD, MD/PhD, DO or equivalent degree
- Must be BC/BE in Neurosurgery with completion of CAST approved (or equivalent) Neurocritical Care fellowship
- A track record of academic productivity and clinical excellence is required.
- Hershey is a suburban community in a metropolitan area and is one of the fastest growing regions in the state
- The area offers excellent schools with Derry Township, Lower Dauphin, and Palmyra school districts ranked in the top 100 in the state
- Hershey is approximately 12 miles from Harrisburg, the state capital, and within a short train ride or drive to New York City, Philadelphia, Washington DC, and Baltimore
About Penn State Health:
Penn State Health is a multi-hospital health system serving patients and communities across 29 counties in central Pennsylvania. It employs more than 16,800 people system-wide. The system includes Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Penn State Children's Hospital, and Penn State Cancer Institute based in Hershey, Pa.; Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center in Camp Hill, Pa.; Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center in Reading, Pa.; Penn State Health Hampden Medical Center in Enola, Pa., and more than 3,000 physicians and direct care providers at more than 90+ unique medical office locations. Additionally, the system jointly operates various health care providers, including Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital, Hershey Outpatient Surgery Center, Hershey Endoscopy Center, Horizon Home Healthcare and Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute. In December 2017, Penn State Health partnered with Highmark Health to facilitate creation of a value-based, community care network in the region. Penn State Health shares an integrated strategic plan and operations with Penn State College of Medicine, the University's medical school. With campuses in State College and Hershey, Pa., the College of Medicine boasts a portfolio of more than $100 million in funded research and more than 1,700 students and trainees in medicine, nursing, other health professions and biomedical research.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities. Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, martial status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email email@example.com or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Union: Non bargained