Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:30a - 6:00p
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Medical Office Associate provides front office support to the clinical operations team, and works with a diverse patient population to ensure accuracy of patient intake, registration, payments, and scheduling. Our MOAs routinely answer phone calls and provide assistance to patient inquiries. Must be detail oriented with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. The Medical Office Associate works under the daily supervision of the Practice Site Manager and/or assigned staff.
High School Diploma or equivalent required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively interact with a variety of staff and patients
- Ability to operate a personal computer and general office equipment
- Ability to maintain effective working relationship with other employees
- Ability to solve problems, or seek assistance from supervisor when necessary
- 6 months of customer service experience preferred
- Medical Office experience preferred
In addition to a rewarding career, we also offer great benefits including but not limited to:
- Paid Time Off and Personal Time Medical Benefits (No waiting period)
- Dental and Vision Benefits Penn State University Tuition Assistance (Full-Time Employees)
- Elder Care/Child Care Resources
- Life Insurance
- Company Sponsored 401K
If chosen for this position, you may required to pass a Post Offer Employment Physical Exam in accordance with the measurements listed in the Work Task Analysis (WTA) report. This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, martial status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email email@example.com or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Union: Non Bargained