Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Work Type: Part Time
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Medical Office Associate provides front office support to the clinical operations team, and works with a diverse patient population to ensure accuracy of patient intake, registration, payments, and scheduling. Our MOAs routinely answer phone calls and provide assistance to patient inquiries. Must be detail oriented with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. The Medical Office Associate works under the daily supervision of the Practice Site Manager and/or assigned staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
The Contingency Pool Medical Office Associate provides front office support to the clinical operations team, and works with a diverse patient population. Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the duties of a Medical Office Associate. In addition, you must ensure accuracy of patient registration, co-pay collection, should be detail oriented, with good attention to detail skills, perform end of day reconciliation and schedule/reschedule as needed in a variety of clinics. It is the responsibility of the MOA to scan insurance cards into the electronic medical record along with any necessary paperwork in the office. The Medical Office Associate works under the daily supervision of the Medical Office Supervisor and Practice Site Manage within the clinic and report to the Contingency Pool Team Manager.
- This position requires reliability, flexibility, and travel to a variety of clinics on and off campus based on staffing needs.
- The Contingency Pool provides a great opportunity for employee work life balance and provides a unique experience in working among several different specialties and clinical settings.
- Unique to the Contingency Pool, team members will receive premium pay as part of their compensation in being flexible and adaptable to traveling among various practice sites.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Basic computer skills
- 6 months of customer service experience preferred
In addition to a rewarding career, we also offer great benefits including but not limited to:
- Paid Time Off and Personal Time Medical Benefits (No waiting period)
- Dental and Vision Benefits Penn State University Tuition Assistance (Full-Time Employees)
- Elder Care/Child Care Resources
- Life Insurance
- Company Sponsored 401K
If chosen for this position, you may required to pass a Post Offer Employment Physical Exam in accordance with the measurements listed in the Work Task Analysis (WTA) report. This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, martial status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email email@example.com or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Union: Non Bargained