Penn State Health St. Joseph Regional Health Network
Work Type: Full Time
Shift: Night Shift Weekend
Hours: Friday-Monday 10-hour shift
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under minimal supervision is responsible for independently performing and reporting all test analyses according to physician orders in accordance with laboratory policies and procedures, FDA, CAP, AABB, OSHA, CLIA, and JCAHO regulations to facilitate optimum quality patient care. Tests are used in the diagnosis and treatment of disease and include specimen processing, test performance and maintaining of test results. Some procedures are complex and require professional judgment.
- Bachelor's Degree in the field of medical technology or related science required.
- Minimum one (1) year of clinical lab experience preferred.
- ASCP or equivalent certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist / Clinical Laboratory Scientist/ Medical Technologist.
- If certified after 2004, ASCP Certification Maintenance must be current.
- Eligible to take the ASCP Board of Review exam for Medical Laboratory Scientist, MLS (ASCP)CM. Certification must be obtained within six (6) months of hire in order to retain position.
- Excellent computer skills
- Proficient in Work and Excel
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent teaming skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday, email email@example.com or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.