Penn State Health - Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Recruiter: Please contact Erica Moyer at [email protected] for additional information.
Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, is seeking a dynamic Board Certified Sleep Medicine Physician to lead our growing Sleep Center as Medical Director. The Sleep Medicine program is a collaboration between the Departments of Medicine, Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Neurology and Pediatrics, and candidates with backgrounds in any of these specialties are encouraged to apply. The program has one of the largest and most comprehensive Sleep Labs in Central Pennsylvania.
About the Position:
- Manage all aspects of the Sleep Medicine program, including the clinic, Sleep Lab, education and research;
- Opportunity to build a strong multi-disciplinary academic sleep medicine program
- Work collaboratively within diverse academic and clinical environments;
- Opportunities to teach medical students, residents, and fellows;
- Supportive environment for research initiatives with talented, academically-oriented faculty and strong research programs in each of the collaborating departments as well as the other departments of the academic medical center and College of Medicine;
- Highly competitive startup packages available for visionary candidates
- Rank and competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Must possess a MD, DO, or foreign equivalent;
- Board Certified in Sleep Medicine with deep experience in the practice of sleep medicine and parent specialty
- Strong orientation towards research and education
- Outstanding leadership ability
- Commitment to the tripartite missions of patient care, research and education
- Robust engagement with diversity, equity and inclusion
- Ability to acquire a medical license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
About the Area:
Located in a safe family-friendly setting, our local neighborhoods boast a reasonable cost of living whether you prefer a more suburban setting or thriving city rich in theater, arts, and culture. Our community is rich in history and offers an abundant range of outdoor activities, arts, and diverse experiences. We're conveniently located within a short distance to major cities such as Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, NYC, Baltimore, and Washington DC.
For more information please contact:
Erica Moyer, CPRP
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, martial status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email [email protected] or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Union: Non Bargained