Penn State Health - Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Hours: 8 Hour Shifts
Recruiter Contact: Briana Kissell at [email protected]
**$5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS – eligible to those that qualify***
Working as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) at Penn State Health, you are the heart and backbone of patient care. When respect, integrity, teamwork and excellence guide your quality of care, you will be empowered to make an influential difference in the lives of all our patients. We are committed to helping talented LPNs, like you, deepen your expertise and achieve your goals while still performing patient care including: accurately recording vital signs, discussion health concerns, performing testing, administering injections; assisting with procedures and documentation.
ABOUT PENN STATE HEALTH MEDICAL GROUP PEDIATRICS
Location: 35 Hope Drive, Hershey PA
Hours of Operation:
- Monday thru Thursday- 7:30 am to 8:30 pm
- Friday- 7:30 am to 5pm
- Saturday 8:30am-12:30pm
- Sunday 8:30am-12:30pm (open October thru April)
Specialties: General Pediatrics, Lactation Services
The percentage of time spent performing essential functions is 95%. Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provides direct and individualized nursing care to an assigned group of patients under the direction of a registered
- nurse/physician according to the Pennsylvania Nurse Practice Act, and established institutional and unit policies.
- Observes, reports and records medical information and nursing care provided in the medical record and/or electronic medical record.
- Administers medications in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Instructs patients and families according to the teaching plan overseen by a Registered Nurse/Physician.
- Communicates with the healthcare team to facilitate the coordination of individualized patient care.
- Works with manager to ensure timely management of phone messages, e-messages, forms completion, etc. and in congruence with organizational policy
- Improves and maintains professional knowledge and skills by attending and integrating new knowledge obtained through inservice, continuing education, and programs to include both written and verbal communications.
- Participates in problem-solving, planning and improvement of patient care activities including, but not limited to assisting in research, quality improvement and evidence based practice activities.
- Initiates appropriate measures in emergency situations
The percentage of time spent performing secondary functions is 5%. The following duties are considered secondary to the essential duties listed above:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHY PENN STATE HEALTH - PEDIATRICS?:
- Working with Penn State Health Medical Group means being part of a team that strives to provide excellent patient care every day, but also one that works together to set and achieve goals, build on the Penn State Health legacy and create new possibilities for the future.
- Throughout our health system, we are committed to providing patient- and family-centered care to all patients —and skillfully handle needs at every level of complexity utilizing our shared governance model of care.
- In addition to a rewarding career, we also offer great benefits including but not limited to: Paid Time Off, Personal Time, Medical Benefits Day One, Dental & Vision Benefits, Life Insurance, Company Sponsored 401K and more.
- LPN License to practice in the state of employment or eligible for licensure in state of employment required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required prior to completion of orientation.
- One (1) year experience in an acute or ambulatory care setting preferred.
- Able to stand & sit constantly; walk frequently.
- Able to lift/carry 0-10 lbs. frequently; 11-50 lbs. occasionally.
- Able to push/pull 0-20 lbs. frequently; 21-75 lbs. occasionally.
- Able to climb occasionally; reach constantly.
- Able to use hands for simple/firm grasping.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, martial status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email [email protected] or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Union: Non Bargained