Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Work Type: PRN
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible for driving HMC lab courier vehicle to assigned clinic routes. Once at the clinic sites pickup patient specimens, deliver mail, patient reports, and supplies to specific areas. Performs a variety of courier functions and venipunctures on hospital patients and home bound patients.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 6 months of phlebotomy experience required.
- Bedside glucose experiences preferred.
- A valid Driver's License with no moving violations within the past year.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Simple use of formulas, charts, tables, specification and schedules.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills to interact with patients.
- Courier experience preferred.
- Able to sit & walk frequently; stand occasionally.
- Able to lift/carry 0-20 lbs frequently; 21-50 lbs occasionally.
- Able to push/pull 0-10 lbs frequently.
- Able to climb occasionally; reach constantly.
- Able to use hands for simple/firm grasping.
*Appended to this job description is the Work Task Analysis that further describes the physical requirements appropriate for this role.
If chosen for this position, you may required to pass a Post Offer Employment Physical Exam in accordance with the measurements listed in the Work Task Analysis (WTA) report. This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, martial status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Union: Teamster Equivalent (PT/PRN)