Responsible for all electronic medical record tasks in a cutting edge Health Information Services department including Release of Information, Disability Forms, reconciliation of dictation/transcription and deficiency management under the direction of the Health Information Services Supervisor and Manager for all electronic medical record tasks.
- High School diploma or equivalent with 2 - 3 years related experience in a healthcare setting required.
- Excellent English reading comprehension, math, organization, and communication skills required.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team is required.
- Medical records experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills including experience with Windows and Microsoft Office products preferred.
- Adheres to and exhibits our organizational core values as outlined by Penn State Health.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday, email email@example.com or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.