Penn State Health - Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Work Type: PRN
Hours: 12 hours
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible to autonomously provide Critical Life Support Care and/or stabilization of chronically or acutely ill and/or injured adult and pediatric patients for both on scene and inter-hospital facility transports under protocols established by the Medical Director. Collaborates with other health team members and associated resource persons to provide continuity in patient care, problem solve, and implement treatment modalities and interventions in an effort to maximize patient outcomes. This position is for ground, candidates will be considered for air after a year of employment.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Five (5) years of experience required.
- Three (3) years Advanced Life Support (Paramedic) 911 experience required.
- Department of Transportation (DOT) National Standard Curriculum for EMT-P required.
Valid Paramedic credential within the Commonwealth of PA. National Registry Paramedics (NR-P) must obtain Pennsylvania credential.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Basic Life Support (CPR), Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
Pennsylvania EMSVO endorsement required.
- Candidate must have a valid driver's license.
- NIMS 100, 200, 700, and 800 required.
- Paramedics must obtain their FP-C within one (1) year of hire.
- Five (5) years of Advanced Life Support (Paramedic) experience in a busy 911 system (>10,000 calls per year).
- Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field.
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS), or Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS).
- Neonatal resuscitation provider (NRP), S.T.A.B.L.E. provider.
- Flight Paramedic Certified (FP-C).
- Critical Care Education.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email [email protected] or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Union: Non Bargained