Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Recruiter: Please contact Amber Winters at [email protected] for additional information
Family and Community Medicine
Academic Core Faculty Physician
Penn State Health – Hershey, Pa.
At Penn State Health, our culture is focused on our core values – respect, integrity, teamwork and excellence! We value one another as members of a team committed to compassionate, excellent service and care for our patients, our community, and each other.
We are currently seeking a full-time board certified/eligible physician to join our PSHMG-Fishburn Road office in Hershey, Pa. This position offers a unique opportunity to join core faculty in our Hershey Family and Community Medicine residency program with a focus on Wellness and Behavioral Health residency curriculum.
The Hershey, Pennsylvania area is filled with history and is a great place to live, work, play, and learn. A thriving area, we are a destination for sports, concerts, performing arts, and seasonal festivals. We are centrally located with short distances to major cities like Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, New York City, and Washington DC.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and generous benefits
- A collaborative environment rich with diversity
- Participation in resident and medical student education
- Join a family medicine department with a national reputation for teaching, research, and state-of-the-art patient care
- Interaction with dynamic clinicians across departments and participation in innovative educational approaches
- Academic rank commensurate with experience
- Department support to participate in the STFM Residency Faculty Fundamentals Certificate Program and Behavioral Science/Family Systems Educator Fellowship
- Medical degree - MD, DO, or foreign equivalent and unrestricted PA medical license
- Completion of accredited Family Medicine Residency training program
- Ability to acquire a license to practice in the State of Pennsylvania
- Board certification/eligibility in family medicine
- Experience in an academic setting preferred
- Ability to enhance and lead resident wellness and behavioral health curriculum
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday, email [email protected] or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Union: Non bargained