Penn State Health - Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Recruiter: Please contact Patty Shipton at [email protected] for additional information.
Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center has an opportunity for a Pediatric Surgeon/Division Chief in the Department of Surgery, Division of Pediatric Surgery.
- Join a team of 6 Pediatric Surgeons and 3 Advanced Practice Providers at Penn State Children’s Hospital which features the only level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia
- High quality academic and clinical program
- Pediatric surgeons take after-hours call exclusively for the Children’s Hospital
- Appointment will be based upon qualifications
- Medical degree – MD, DO, or foreign equivalent
- Fellowship trained, BC/BE in Pediatric Surgery
- Minimum 5 years pediatric surgeon experience
- Currently holds the rank of Associate Professor or higher.
- Proven leadership experience in an academic healthcare environment
- A strong commitment to patient care, medical student and resident education and research/scholarly activity is necessary
Penn State Health
- Penn State Health is multi-hospital health system serving patients and communities across central Pennsylvania.
- The Children’s Hospital celebrated a new era of patient and family centered care with the completion of a three-floor vertical expansion in October 2020 to meet the needs of children and families in central Pennsylvania who count on us for care. As the only children's hospital between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia fully equipped to treat the most severely ill children, Penn State Health Children's Hospital expanded our role as the region's pediatric health care leader.
- Among the first hospitals in the nation to be named a Level 1 Children’s Surgery Center by the American College of Surgeons Children’s Surgery Verification Program.
- We are the only medical facility in Pennsylvania to be accredited as a Level 1 pediatric trauma center and Level 1 adult trauma center.
- The system includes Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Penn State Health Children’s Hospital and Penn State Cancer Institute based in Hershey, Pa.; Penn State Health Hampden Medical Center in Enola, Pa.; Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center in Camp Hill, Pa.; Penn State Health Lancaster Medical Center in Lancaster, Pa.; Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center in Reading, Pa.; Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute, a specialty provider of inpatient and outpatient behavioral health services, in Harrisburg, Pa.; and 2,450+ physicians and direct care providers at 225 outpatient practices. Additionally, the system jointly operates various healthcare providers, including Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital, Hershey Outpatient Surgery Center and Hershey Endoscopy Center.
- Hershey is a suburban community in a metropolitan area and is one of the fastest growing regions in the state.
- The area offers excellent public schools with many districts ranking in the top 100 in the state.
- Hershey is approximately 12 miles from Harrisburg, the state capital, and within a short train ride or drive to New York City, Philadelphia, Washington DC, and Baltimore.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Patty Shipton, CPRP, Senior Physician Recruiter, at [email protected] or apply online at Penn State Health - Division Chief Pediatric Surgery
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, martial status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email [email protected] or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Union: Non Bargained