Penn State Health - Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Recruiter: Please contact Anderson Smith at [email protected] for additional information.
Penn State Health Department of Pediatrics at Penn State Health Children’s Hospital(PSHCH) and Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center (PSHMSHMC) is seeking new Division Chief of Pediatric Nephrology and Hypertension due to upcoming retirement of the current chief.
Join our Department of Pediatrics Nephrology and Hypertension now! We are committed to excellent clinical care, teaching, and research.
Interested applicants please send CV and Cover Letter to Anderson Smith, at [email protected].
What we’re seeking:
- Provide leadership to a division with history of a strong clinical presence and expertise
- Support faculty members to continue with a strong and well-respected educational presence within the institution
- Maintain and gain additional support for a pediatric renal replacement program which includes inpatient and outpatient peritoneal dialysis and hemodialysis, as well as inpatient continuous renal replacement therapies
- Provide leadership and support growth in the pediatric kidney transplant program
- Provide leadership to build a robust quality and safety program within the division
- Support faculty members in a growing clinical research program; facilitate the growth of clinical research including in collaborative efforts with national organizations
- Provide direction in expanding clinical outreach services within the division
- Explore opportunities for multidisciplinary clinical and research collaboration within the institution
- MD, DO, or equivalent degree or MD/PhD from an accredited institution.
- Board certification in Pediatrics with fellowship training in Pediatric Nephrology.
- Eligibility for permanent, unrestricted licensure in Pennsylvania.
- Candidates must qualify for appointment at the Professor level at PSCOM.
- Management/Leadership experience desirable.
About the Division:
- The Division of Pediatric Nephrology & Hypertension at the Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital, Penn State College of Medicine comprises a 4-physician team, and works closely with care coordinators embedded with the division, nurses, social worker and dietitian in a combined pediatric/adult hemodialysis unit and peritoneal dialysis program, and both physician and nurse coordinator colleagues in the kidney transplant program.
- Our division has a strong tradition of clinical and educational excellence and we seek to continue to build the division to continue/enhance those efforts as well as expanding our clinical research presence.
- We provide the full range of inpatient and outpatient pediatric nephrology services including all forms of renal replacement therapy and work collaboratively with our transplant surgery team to care for 60-70 pediatric kidney transplant recipients.
We are pleased to offer:
Competitive compensation and generous benefits, including:
- Relocation assistance
- CME allocation
- 401(k), 403(b) and 457(b) retirement plans
- Penn State University tuition discount
- Back-up family care.
Attractive start-up package for research.
Our Children’s Hospital just underwent a vertical expansion in order to meet the rapidly growing pediatric need in central PA. Hershey, PA is located near Harrisburg (our state capital) and is a safe, family-friendly location, with access to excellent public schools that are highly ranked nationally. Our local neighborhoods boast a reasonable cost of living whether you prefer a more suburban setting or a thriving city rich in theater, arts, and culture. Known as the home of the Hershey chocolate bar, Hershey's community is rich in history and offers an abundant range of outdoor activities. We're conveniently located within a short distance to major cities such as Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, NYC, Baltimore, and Washington DC. We're proud of our community involvement and encourage you to learn more about our organization.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, martial status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email [email protected] or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Union: Non Bargained