Penn State Health Medical Group
Work Type: Full Time
Recruiter: Please contact Patty Shipton at [email protected] for additional information.
Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine are recruiting a Gynecological Oncology Division Chief in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- High quality academic and clinical program
- Division is a member of NCI funded NRG
- Academic appointment will be based upon qualifications
- Benefits include generous paid time off, 10 days of CME with allotment, 401k match up to 10%, Penn State Tuition Reimbursement and more.
- Departmental support for a quality work/life balance, unique subspecialty gyn and gyn/onc call pool.
- Medical degree – MD, DO, or foreign equivalent
- Fellowship trained, BC/BE in Gynecologic Oncology from ABOG
- Minimum 5 years Gynecologic Oncology experience
- Currently holds the rank of Associate Professor or higher
- Proven leadership experience in an academic healthcare environment
- A strong commitment to patient care, medical student and resident education and research/scholarly activity is necessary
Penn State Health
- Penn State Health is a multi-hospital health system serving patients and communities across central Pennsylvania.
- The system includes Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Penn State Health Children's Hospital, and Penn State Cancer Institute based in Hershey, Pa.; Penn State Health Hampden Medical Center in Enola, Pa.; Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center in Camp Hill, Pa.; Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center in Reading, Pa.; Penn State Health Lancaster Medical Center in Lancaster, Pa.; and more than 3,000 physicians and direct care providers at more than 126 outpatient practices in 94 locations. Additionally, the system jointly operates various health care providers, including Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital, Hershey Outpatient Surgery Center, Hershey Endoscopy Center, Horizon Home Healthcare and the Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute.
- Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is the only medical facility in Pennsylvania to be accredited as a Level 1 pediatric trauma center and Level 1 adult trauma center.
- Founded in 2001, the Penn State Cancer Institute, located on the Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center campus, is the region’s only Commission on Cancer (CoC) accredited comprehensive cancer center, with access to internationally recognized cancer specialists and scientists delivering a multidisciplinary approach and advanced medical technology.
- Affordable housing and easy commute.
- Hershey is a suburban community in a metropolitan area with affordable housing and easy commutes and is one of the fastest growing regions in the state.
- The area offers excellent public schools with many districts ranking in the top 100 in the state.
- Hershey is approximately 12 miles from Harrisburg, the state capital, and within a short train ride or drive to New York City, Philadelphia, Washington DC, and Baltimore.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Patty Shipton at [email protected] or apply online at Penn State Health – Division Chief, Gynecologic Oncology
Penn State Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday - Friday, email[email protected]or download ourAccommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDFfor more detailed steps for assistance.
Union: Non bargained