Penn State Health Corporation
Work Type: Full Time
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible for the support of the cash functionality within finance for all entities under Penn State Health. This role will be responsible for the reconciliation of the bank statement for the Penn State Health account, for the Cash Rec variance research and reporting as well as the reconciliation of the HP24 system.
This position should be a leadership role within the Treasury department. The individual will need to work well and develop positive relationships with all internal departmental employees as well as IT, the Patient Financial Services team and the clinic support staff. This role will use decision making authority to resolve variances and research differences that are uncovered during the reconciliation process. All issues and process changes should be brought to management before implementing and communicating change.
- Recommend and implement process changes that improve the daily reconcilement of cash depository posting and monitor timeliness including mail in payments, lockbox receipts, 835 posting files, EFT (ACH) payments and merchant payments.
- Maintains control of departmental finances by enforcing established policies and procedures and recommending modifications as necessary due to process efficiencies.
- Communicates across departmental areas to ensure the accuracy of reporting.
- Responsible to ensure the daily reconcilement of all bank accounts to the appropriate system reports and knowledge of current cash position in these accounts at all times.
- Maintains financial information by reviewing, verifying and entering data accurately and timely in order to meet service level standards.
- Responsible for the daily reconcilement of all bank accounts reviewing variances and working with the appropriate teams to resolve any outstanding items. Provide daily, weekly and monthly reporting to management of any unresolved differences.
- Provides recommendations to management of process improvements that could aid in the accuracy of deposit posting and reconciliation.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of the Health Pay 24 system and what the cash on hand amounts are each clinic. Willingness to travel to do cash audits necessary.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of the Bank Statement data base to the Cash Rec database working all variances to resolution with the applicable teams.
- Develop and implement a reconciliation process for all ACH/EFT postings including an 835 reporting process for EOBs awaiting payments and funds awaiting EOBs.
- Develop and implement reporting on all outstanding payments and variances.
- Bachelor's Degree
If chosen for this position, you may required to pass a Post Offer Employment Physical Exam in accordance with the measurements listed in the Work Task Analysis (WTA) report. This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, martial status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email email@example.com or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.