Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Administrative Secretary provides high-level clerical support to select members of faculty and staff mainly within the Cardiothoracic (CT) Surgery Division of the Heart and Vascular Institute to assist them in maintaining a healthy balance between their administrative and provider duties. This position will perform a variety of secretarial duties and skilled tasks that are typically routine with some deviation from standard practice. These tasks include managing individual Outlook calendars, divisional Outlook calendars, preparing reports, conducting research, collecting data, and other administrative tasks.
This position works as a dyad, under minimal supervision, in the CT Surgery office, a fast-paced division of HVI with a great team of providers. This is an on-site position while also providing schedule flexibility.
This is a great opportunity for an entry level administrative professional who is looking for growth and/or someone looking for longevity within the organization, as well as an excellent benefits package!
- Ability to show and demonstrate on a consistent basis initiative, professionalism, poise and flexibility while working within an environment of frequent interruptions, conflicting priorities and varying workloads.
- Ability to anticipate needs, resourcefulness, and responsiveness are essential
- Ability to work independently
- Flexible and adaptable in various situations and when interacting with different personalities
- Coordinates workflow and provides direction to faculty
- Collects and gathers receipts and other information to submit reimbursements under the correct entity and application.
- Develops and maintains basic spreadsheet/data applications
- Creates advanced correspondence as required takes and transcribes minutes.
- Interprets guidelines, policies and work direction, recommending appropriate outcomes.
- Independently reviews work and assesses effectiveness of routine work assignments.
- Communicates with a wide variety of internal and external customers.
- Triages problems as necessary resolving issues when appropriate.
- Explains and exchanges information as necessary.
If chosen for this position, you may required to pass a Post Offer Employment Physical Exam in accordance with the measurements listed in the Work Task Analysis (WTA) report. This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, martial status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email email@example.com or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Union: Non Bargained