Penn State Health - Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Recruiter: Please contact Ashley Nippert at [email protected] for additional information.
The Division of Trauma, Acute Care and Critical Care Surgery at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine is seeking additional full-time academic Trauma, Acute Care and Critical Care surgeons to join an expanding team. The Division is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and is restructuring clinical coverage responsibilities to focus on physician wellness and optimal work-life balance.
Successful candidates should be outstanding clinicians and energetic educators who are interested in clinical, quality improvement, and/or education research. Responsibilities will include coverage of the Trauma and Acute Care Surgery service, providing surgical critical care in our 30-bed Surgical Critical Care Unit, research, graduate medical education and elective general surgery. Interpersonal skills and teaching ability are vitally important.
What we’re offering:
- Successful applicant will join a growing team of 10 highly collaborative and collegial faculty physicians. We are backed by the resources of one of the leading academic medical centers in the nation and offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunity to join the only medical facility in Pennsylvania to be accredited as both an adult and pediatric Level 1 trauma center.
- The Division of Trauma, Acute Care and Critical Care Surgery is responsible for the management of emergency general surgery for the institution and there exists potential to develop an elective practice as well.
- The Division has ongoing DOD-funded research as well as an active clinical research program.
- In addition to leading an expanding global surgery program, the Division offers Fellowships in Acute Care Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- Appointment at the Assistant/Associate Professor level, dependent on qualifications.
What we’re seeking:
- M.D., D.O., or foreign equivalent
- BC/BE Surgery and Surgical Critical Care
- A strong commitment to patient care, medical student and resident education and research/scholarly activity is necessary.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, martial status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email [email protected] or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Union: Non Bargained